Shelf Stable Saturday Rice recipes

 Just a quick post as I am behind on my posts! We all know rice is a serious budget food, and is used the world over in just about every cuisine. It makes a good filler and side dish. Here is the link to my earlier post on rice and some great great links to recipes.

This Spanish rice does call for onions and green peppers, but you can use frozen or dehydrated.

Mushroom Oven Rice, for this recipe I use canned mushrooms. You can also substitute frozen or dehydrated onions and celery for the fresh, or just leave them out.

Cheesey Chicken and Broccoli, this post has great substitution suggestions

Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice this is a meal, but the different elements are broken down so you can make the parts of it that look yummy to you

Creamy Chicken and Rice soup is very similar to Panera

One of my favorite cooking websites, Budget Bytes has a great collection of rice recipes.

Have a good week!

Comments