Shelf Stable Saturday featuring Glory brand Butter Beans

 Save on Glory Foods Butter Beans Seasoned Southern Style Order Online  Delivery | GiantOur local Family Dollar store sells these canned butter beans for $1 a can. We bought some to try, and while we loved the flavor of the sauce with the beans, we found the bean to sauce ratio kind of high. So the next time I served it, I mixed in a drained canned of green beans before heating and it was a hit! One of my kids particularly looks forward to this combo now.  It also kind of lowered the amount of sauce each person eats (because it has a lot of processed ingredients and high in sodium) making it a little healthier.

 

 

*Note, I am not being compensated for this post by the Glory company. This was our experiment that I am sharing the results of.

 Our next experiment with these beans was to serve them over mashed potatoes, and ding ding ding we have another winner! The sauce that comes on these beans makes a great gravy and makes another great side dish. I can see these making a regular appearance in our menu! They are super convenient having their own sauce and not expensive, plus the beans are full of fiber and adds some protein. The next experiment, which I am sure will be a success, is to mix them with cubed, boiled potatoes.

 Since both of these attempts were successful, I decided to dig around and see if I could find some more ideas for using these beans. I started at the Glory website to see if anything there looked like it might work for us. Here is a link to their company website.

 I also like the idea of stirring them into soup, which I will probably try once the weather cools again. I also saw an idea that includes stirring in greens of some kind. I think it would be a good combination to use up leftover canned spinach.

This tomato and garlic butter bean recipe looks pretty good too. I would serve it over pasta, but instead of draining the beans, I would drain the tomatoes and keep the sauce on the beans. 

Do you have a favorite product that you like to use in multiple ways? Pleas share in the comments, thanks!



Comments

  1. Came back to add, now we tried them over rice with sauteed onions, and they were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment