2 Meatless Recipes From My Favorite Food Blogger

 Beth over at Budget Bytes is my very favorite food blogger. I have been reading her for years, like 10 years and have enjoyed both her writing and her cooking. I have learned a lot from her website and her wonderful step by step pictures and instructions. Novice cooks can learn a lot of technique and a lot about how to save money on ingredients.

Today I want to share two delicious recipes that are meatless but full of flavor. Meatless meals are happening more and more in my family for the foreseeable future, so I am on the hunt to try to find some meals that feel kind of meaty and not like I just left the meat out of something. Mushrooms are a great way to get a meaty feel out of a dish. With SNAP and food stamp benefits not buying as much at the store as they used to and grocery budgets are stretched thin, meatless meals that don’t make you feel like you are missing something are a great tool to have.

This recipe uses mushrooms, spinach and coconut milk. It is a little more costly than eating just straight up ramen, but so so tasty and much better for you.  The measurements for the vegetables in the recipe are suggestions, feel free to use whatever amounts you have on hand. You can also substitute the fresh spinach with canned or frozen, it will be a little different but will still work.

Vegan Creamy Ramen

Keeping with the spinach and mushroom theme, the next recipe is for a vegetarian quesadilla. You could easily add cooked chicken or bacon to it too! As with the other recipe, the vegetable measurements are a suggestion. This is another recipe that is forgiving and good for using things up.

Spinach and Mushroom Quesadilla

 

If you try one of these recipes or head over to Budget Bytes and check Beth out, please let me know! I would love to hear from readers.

~Sarah


 


Comments