Monday Menu Planning and a Recipe for Taco Skillet Pizza with Cornbread Crust

 My neighbor made this recipe for Taco Skillet Pizza this week and gave me some. It was delicious! It uses a little box of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix, a little taco meat, a little cheese... great way to use up some leftovers. She topped it with sour cream, shredded lettuce and sliced black olives.

 My husband tried it and really liked it too. He suggested you could make it using up leftover chili, pulled pork bbq, sloppy joes, I think those are great ideas! I am looking forward to trying other toppings. What a great way to stretch some leftovers!

Taco Skillet Pizza with Cornbread Crust

 I think when I make it this week, instead of corn bread with jalapeno mix, I'll use a regular corn bread mix and instead of using salsa, I'm going to spread taco sauce on the cornbread crust then top with taco meat and cheese like a more traditional pizza. I can't wait to make this, I see this being a regular here!

 

Here is this week’s menu plan, hope your week goes smoothly! 

Monday-

Tuesday-

  • Breakfast- Cinnamon raisin oatmeal,  apple slices
  • Lunch-  Ham and cheese roll ups, crackers, carrots and celery sticks
  • Dinner- Taco Skillet Pizza, leftover Mexican rice, peas

Wednesday-

  • Breakfast- Scrambled egg, toast, banana
  • Lunch-  Microwave burritos, cucumber slices
  •  Dinner- Potato soup, fried bologna sandwiches

Thursday-

  • Breakfast- Cinnamon and raisin oatmeal, apple slice
  • Lunch-  Leftovers, boiled egg, carrots and celery sticks
  • Dinner- Easy Fried Rice, canned pineapple

Friday-

  • Breakfast-  Eggs, toast, banana
  • Lunch-  PB&J sandwiches, crackers, carrots and celery sticks
  • Dinner- Hot dogs, mac and cheese, green beans

Saturday-

  • Brunch- Biscuits and gravy, cooked apples
  • Dinner- Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice (using regular rice, no jalapenos or corn, and chicken I cooked myself instead of frozen) this is one of those recipes that gives you a framework and you make it your own

Sunday-

 Have a good week!

~ Sarah

 

Comments