Meal Planning For This Week and a Recipe for Cole Slaw

Life is getting away from me, I swear I am trying to keep up with the blog, I promise!  Here is what I found the best deals on this week: Tomatoes, apples, brats, cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, tortillas, frozen pizza, chicken, milk. So I planned my menu around these foods, filling in around the edges with inexpensive foods. The chicken wasn't a "before times" price, but low comparatively, and we were really craving some variety. I am glad to see the prices of vegetables coming down now that it is spring.

Here is my recipe for cole slaw. My kids really like it. I usually just buy a bag of cole slaw mix, the tiny amount extra I pay is worth all the shredding for sure. It's a time vs money thing, but you could absolutely shred cabbage and carrots if you have the time.

Cole Slaw

    clip art cole slaw - Clip Art Library

  • ½ cup mayonnaise

  • 2 tablespoons white sugar

  • 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice

  • 1 tablespoon vinegar

  • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper

  • ¼ teaspoon salt

    Mix dressing ingredients together and pour over bag of cole slaw mix. It doesn't seem like enough dressing at first, but as the cabbage sits it releases water and that makes the dressing saucier.  

Monday-

  • Breakfast- Leftover pancakes, banana
  • Lunch-  Pizzadillas, pretzels, carrots and cucumber spears
  • Dinner- Potato soup and fried bologna sandwiches

Tuesday-

Wednesday- 

Thursday-

  • Breakfast- egg, toast, banana
  • Lunch-  Sandwiches, pretzels, cole slaw
  • Dinner-  Spaghetti, green beans, garlic toast

Friday-

  • Breakfast- Oatmeal, banana
  • Lunch- Boiled egg, cottage cheese, crackers, canned peaches
  • Dinner- Frozen Pizza, veggies and dip, leftovers, brownies

Saturday-

Sunday-

 Have a good week!

~ Sarah

Comments